Advanced Surgical Care
In order to alleviate the stress associated with a surgical procedure, we take every measure to ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable every step of the way. At Tri-County Animal Hospital, we are committed to providing the best pre-operative and post-operative veterinary care. We use the latest technology to ensure your pet has a positive and pain free surgical experience, and our staff will communicate with you before, during, and after your pet’s procedure.
Our animal hospital provides advanced surgical veterinary procedures performed by a board-certified surgeon including:
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair, TTA
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
- Medial Patellar Luxation (MPL)
- Fracture Repair (IM pins, Plating, external fixation)
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Perineal Urethrostomy (PU)
- Laryngeal Paralysis
- Mass or tumor removal
- Gastrointestinal surgeries
- Urogenital tract exploration and repair
- Repair of skin-folds, such as the eyes or tail
- Corrective ear surgery (TECA)
- Eye and eyelid surgeries for developmental defects and trauma
- Gastropexy to prevent bloat/GDV in dogs
Whether your pet’s surgery is planned or is a result of an emergency, we are dedicated to keeping your pet as comfortable as possible after his or her procedure. Our veterinarians will develop a unique and comprehensive pain management plan to help alleviate any discomfort following the surgery. Visit our pain management page to learn more about our pain management protocols.
Cat Friendly Practice
- In the United States, there are millions more owned cats than owned dogs, yet cats visit veterinarians less frequently than dogs. A major reason is that it is very stressful to take cats to the veterinary practice and often owners believe their cat doesn't need routine check-ups for wellness and preventive care. The Cat Friendly Practice® (CFP) program, created by expert feline practitioners, provides a solution to this trend and provides an opportunity for veterinary practices to elevate care for cats and reduce the stress during the visit.