Adult Cat Wellness Health Care
Annual Wellness Exams Keep Your Cat Healthy!
Tri-County Animal Hospital has many years of experience in helping you care for your family’s adult cat. The best way to keep them healthy and assure a longer and highest quality of life is by bringing him or her to us for annual wellness exams.
Wellness exams play a critical role in the early detection of any future health issues and are critical for disease prevention. Establishing a health baseline early allows us to measure changes in your cat over time, enabling us to detect the onset of diseases earlier when treatment and prevention are the most effective.
As a Cat Friendly Practice, we have embraced the higher standards of care needed to care for feline family members. We have created a cat-friendly environment within our hospital, where cats do not come into contact with dogs and cats are treated in a soothing, calm manner. A cat friendly hospital means less stress to both you and your kitten when visiting our hospital.
All cats are required by law to be given rabies vaccinations. For cats that spend time outdoors, we also recommend medication that will prevent heartworms, fleas and ticks, and intestinal parasites.
Our annual, comprehensive feline wellness exam includes:
- Thorough “nose-to-tail” physical examination
- A dental exam
- Vaccines tailored specifically to your cat’s lifestyle, age, health and exposure risks, including FVRCP. FELV, Rabies
- Feline Leukemia/immunodeficiency virus testing
- Internal parasite testing and deworming as needed
- Discussion regarding heartworm prevention
- A discussion with you about your observations at home.
- Nutritional counseling, exercise habits and behavioral counseling as needed
Never Give Medication to a cat Unless It Was Prescribed By A Veterinarian
Most Importantly, NEVER GIVE medications without direct approval from your veterinarian. Many products that are deemed safe for humans are extremely toxic to pets and can prove to be fatal. If in doubt — Call Our Office first and ask -973-831-2426.
Please give us a call today to schedule your cat’s annual wellness exam!
International Health Certificates
- Tri-County Animal Hospital is pleased to be able to offer our clients international health certificates for their pets when needed. Dr. Alison Sass DVM, is USDA-accredited through the National Veterinary Accreditation Program (NVAP) and is able to provide international health certificates.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment please give us a call.
Cat Friendly Practice
- In the United States, there are millions more owned cats than owned dogs, yet cats visit veterinarians less frequently than dogs. A major reason is that it is very stressful to take cats to the veterinary practice and often owners believe their cat doesn't need routine check-ups for wellness and preventive care. The Cat Friendly Practice® (CFP) program, created by expert feline practitioners, provides a solution to this trend and provides an opportunity for veterinary practices to elevate care for cats and reduce the stress during the visit.