Feline Wellness Health Care
Tri-County Animal Hospital is a Cat Friendly Animal Hospital!
Tri-County Animal Hospital loves your feline family member! Our cat health care is designed to provide comprehensive long-term, life-stage veterinary care for your cat. We understand that cats have special needs (cats are not small dogs!) and we take extra efforts to treat our cat patients with a calm environment, and we try to ensure they do not come into contact with any dogs in the hospital. We are a certified Cat Friendly Practice and have embraced the higher standards of care needed to create a cat-friendly environment within our hospital. A cat friendly hospital means less stress to both you and your cat when visiting us.
We recommend that we see your cat at least annually for a comprehensive wellness exam. It is important that we diagnose any health conditions your cat may be facing early, when treatment options are most effective. We will provide tailored vaccination schedules and helpful pointers on home care that will keep your cat healthy, happy, and protected against preventable illnesses.
At Tri-County Animal Hospital, our Feline Wellness care includes:
- Thorough physical wellness exams
- Professional dental care
- Weight and nutritional needs assessment
- Vaccine programs based on your cat’s lifestyle, including FVRCP, FELV, Rabies
- Feline Leukemia/immunodeficiency virus testing
- Internal parasite testing and prevention
- Microchipping so your cat can return home if he or she is ever lost
- Diagnostic testing equipment should our veterinarians need additional information to diagnose your cat’s illness
- Specialized care for your kitten and senior cat, including bi-annual wellness exams
- General medicine services and a collaborative approach with you for diagnosing and managing chronic diseases such as diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney and liver disorders
- Dermatology care for conditions such as allergies and chronic ear infections
- Prescription foods for medical conditions
Learn more about Feline Care by browsing through these links:
Cats - General Health
Acetaminophen Toxicity in Cats
Arthritis in Cats
Asthma and Bronchitis in Cats
International Health Certificates
- Tri-County Animal Hospital is pleased to be able to offer our clients international health certificates for their pets when needed. Dr. Alison Sass DVM, is USDA-accredited through the National Veterinary Accreditation Program (NVAP) and is able to provide international health certificates.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment please give us a call.
Cat Friendly Practice
- In the United States, there are millions more owned cats than owned dogs, yet cats visit veterinarians less frequently than dogs. A major reason is that it is very stressful to take cats to the veterinary practice and often owners believe their cat doesn't need routine check-ups for wellness and preventive care. The Cat Friendly Practice® (CFP) program, created by expert feline practitioners, provides a solution to this trend and provides an opportunity for veterinary practices to elevate care for cats and reduce the stress during the visit.